Updated: Apr 11
Based on a teaching by Priscilla Shirer.
Luke 9:10-17 (The Feeding of the 5,000.)
After Jesus called the 12 together, He gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, and He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. Luke 9:1-2
Are you called? Here are three things to know before you go:
1. God issues the call. Wait for him. (You give them something to eat. vs13)
2. God will give you what you need. Wait for provision. (We have no more than 5 loaves and 2 fish. Vs13)
3. God will send you in His time. Wait for the Whistle. (Have them sit down. vs14)
In this passage about feeding the 5,000, here is the disciple's response:
1. Send the multitude away. (If there is a multitude, a miracle is coming.)
2. Send us away. (Worrying about what we have, who we are, or that we are not enough, BUT if you will go and look, you will see what you already have.)
3. Finally they put it into Jesus’ hands. (Everything changes when you put your 5 & 2 in Jesus’ hands: ….and looking up to heaven, He blessed it, vs16. He gives you HIS FAVOR.)
Never go in your own strength and power… the enemy prowls around like a lion looking for weak, worn out, and worn down prey, that breaks from the pack and wanders off alone.
Side Note: If Jesus got away often to pray and spend time alone in intimacy with his Father, then that’s what we need to do too.
I would love to get your feedback or just hear from you. Leave a comment or follow me on social media @ Facebook/Kym-Forrest_Author.